A Quiz on Indian Prime Ministers
The Statesman : 24th June 1999
(Click on the questions to know the answer)
- Name the only Prime Minister of India who was a commerce student in his university days ?
- Which state gave India maximum number of PMs?
Uttar Pradesh – total 8 of them came from UP
- Which former PM of India was a painter?
Vishwanath Pratap Singh
- Which former PM of India found a place in Guinness Book of world record & why?
P V Narshima Rao – he won the election from Nandial in 1991 with record margin.
- Once Jawaharlal Nehru praised the oratory of an young MP by remarking that one day he will become a prime minister ans indeed that young man later on became PM of India.Who was he ?
Atal Behari Vajpayee
- What is common among these 3 former PMs – Narshima Rao,VP Singh & Devgouda ?
Each of them was chief minister of their respective state before becoming PM.
- Name of our two former PM mean same – who are they
Indira & Rajiv – both mean lotus.
- Name the only PM who did not know Hindi ?
H D Devgouda
- "Who am I a mere prime minister infront of this melody queen"…….whom Nehru refered here ?
M S Shubhalaxmi